Sunday, September 6, 2009

The end of the world!

The end of the world...
I feel like they are talking about it too much. If the world is going to end; then let it be what it is. I have seen an episode on the history channel where theologists "de-coded" the bible. I do not believe god ever intended for the bible to be de-coded. If even there is anything to really de-code. The bible was made for us to read and follow. Instructions on how to live a good life. Now what different people interpret from the bible is up to them. I am a strong believer in if you are looking and really want something to be there, it will be. If I were to gather different pieces from a mix of puzzles I could find pieces that would connect. What the effect of that would be is, I would have pieces that would connect but no picture to be visible. Now some believe that when we hear that the end of the world is coming, it could mean the end of the world as we know it. I try not to think about it. The reason of this is because I do not think anyone knows.

2 comments:

  1. Did you change topics already...interesting. If you did, just keep up with the work.

    You mention that you "try not to think about the [end of the world]," but then you say that you "feel [that people] are talking about it too much." You also mention that you feel the Bible is "made for us to read and follow"... and get "instructions on how to live a good life," but then you allow different people to interpret the Bible as they will.

    Essentially your opinion is that anything goes. That feels kind of strange considering the implications in your subject. Either the world is going to end in 2012 or it isn't. Either the Bible confirms this or it doesn't. For you to allow people to interpret the Bible as they will and then agree with whatever they come up with seems completely contradictory to the stance that no one knows the answers to this question. If no one knows the answers then say so and stick to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched that show, too. I thought it was all none sense. I do believe that there might be some small changes due to the alignment of the Sun and the Earth, but I do not think it is going to be that much of a change to end the world. Humans have survived through many rough paths, and a small change in the alignment won't do much to us. Also, I don not believe that someone could predict the future. If someone was able to see the world ending in their future then why would they make a complicated puzzle or codes for us to decipher? It's like "oh you're going to die, but I will save you by giving you a complicated puzzle to decode!" That is just not right. What if we don't decipher it? We will just died? If they saw the world ending I think they would tell us straight up and directly about it, not make puzzles and complicated codes. I think this is all just plubicity.

    ReplyDelete